Teeth become stained for a variety of reasons. Smokers often struggle with dental stains, because nicotine and tar can stain teeth yellow or brown. People who drink acidic beverages like coffee and wine may also find that their teeth become easily stained. Even poor dental hygiene can be a cause for teeth to turn a shade or two darker than their natural color.
For many adults, this reality can be disappointing and frustrating. Fortunately, there’s a solution. Whether your teeth are stained because of the foods you eat, lifestyle choices you’ve made or just because of the natural aging process, tooth whitening can lighten and brighten your teeth.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
There are many reasons to get your teeth whitened! People who get their teeth whitened often experience:
- Improved confidence.
- Easier interactions with others.
- Greater pleasure with personal appearance.
Of course, many dental patients also appreciate that tooth whitening is fast, safe and relatively affordable.
Options for Whiter Teeth
There are many different ways that tooth whitening can be accomplished, so you can pick the method that works best for you. Some methods are more effective and have more dramatic impact than others.
- DIY options. DIY tooth whitening services feature over the counter gels and other strips. Though somewhat effective, DIY options have a less concentrated formula than bleach administered by the dentist.
- Toothpaste. Whitening toothpastes use an abrasive formula to remove stains from the surface of tooth enamel. These pastes only remove stains, but do not lighten the color of the enamel itself.
- Professional whitening. During a professional whitening session, the gums are protected with gel or a guard, then bleach is applied to the teeth. Professional whitening services are often the longest lasting and most effective, because the enamel itself is lightened with powerful bleach.
Make An Appointment for Tooth Whitening Today
Why wait to have beautiful teeth? Dental whitening services can improve your smile and give you more confidence today. To get started with our tooth whitening services, contact — today for an appointment. Call us at- 281-668-5869